Diaries & journaling – 5 reasons why your little ones should start writing down their colourful thoughts of the day!
Moments of joy, worries, grief, fits of laughter and exciting experiences: all these diverse matters are part of our – and our children’s – everyday lives. To reflect and make some sense of our emotions and thoughts, one thing is particularly helpful: keeping a diary!
The start of a new year often makes us think up some resolutions – activities that help us feel better or give us some new experiences. Keeping a diary is often one of these activities. Why is it such a good idea to write down your thoughts on a daily basis, and why is it particularly helpful for kids? Read on to find out:
5 positive effects of keeping a diary
- Clearing your head: By writing down your thoughts and emotions, you put some structure into them. This can serve as a relief and makes it easier for you let go of some things.
- Enhanced creativity: Writing on a regular basis has a big learning effect. It makes you keep thinking of what you are trying to point out and what might be the best way to express your thoughts. This enhances your rhetorical capacities and your creativity.
- Keeping you motivated: Put your ideas, objectives, and dreams into words. Writing them down helps you put your ideas into practice and be faster in achieving your objectives.
- Appreciating the little moments: What made me laugh today? What am I proud of? At which moment I felt particularly happy? Keep asking yourself these questions in your diary. You will find out that happiness and joy are often hidden in little everyday moments.
- Expressing your feelings: Friendships and the relationship between parents and children can be boosted by keeping a diary. Once you learn processing your emotions by writing them down, you will find it easier to voice them in the presence of other people. This often leads to a better understanding among each other.
Stars who are keeping diaries
Fun fact: Quite a few celebrities are into journaling, too. Artist Lady Gaga, for instance, has mentioned that she is using a diary to stay in touch with her thoughts during her concert tours. The actress Emma Watson even uses several completely different diaries to write into. Among others, she is keeping a dream diary, a yoga diary, and an acting diary. Which type of diary would be your favourite?
All your secrets are safe inside!
Your thoughts, emotions, and secrets, and those of your children, are your very own properties. Confide them to your diary. Also, talk to your favourite person about them if that helps you. To ensure that your written-down secrets will be safely stowed away, you can choose beautiful diaries with sound and a security code by TOPModel, Miss Melody, Dino World, and Ylvi! We wish you tons of fun with writing down everything that moves you!
The new TOPModel collection BLING BLING shines with super beautiful poodle motif on pink glitter background. Discover what is hidden behind it!
The summer holidays are here and with them plenty of time for good mood and exciting adventures! We have put together a bucket list for lots of fun.
You would like to paint watercolour pictures like a real pro? With our Watercolour Book you’ll be well on your way. Check out our step-by-step guide on how to create the most colourful motifs!
Create your very own individual wish list with our cute template for small and large Christmas wishes, exciting gift ideas and favourite characters!