DIY: Create your very own Advent calendar!
Creative Advent calendars are the most beautiful way to brighten up your waiting time before Christmas. We have prepared a step-by-step guide for you to make your very own Advent calendar and fill it with lovely little items. Let’s get started!
What you need:
For your DIY Advent calendar with Christmas-tree-shaped compartments you need enough felt in various colours to make 24 little Christmas trees as well as pins, paper, thread and needle, scissors, 24 clothespins, a stick, glue, and a pencil.
How to do it:
- Cut three different-sized triangles out of a piece of paper and use them as stencils. To have enough room for your Advent calendar items, the triangles should have a height between 12 and 15 centimetres.
- Put two layers of felt on top of each other. Place one of your stencils on top and draw its outlines onto the felt with a pencil. Cut out the two layers of felt. Repeat the procedure until you have 24 sets of two triangles.
- Using pins, secure the two layers of each of your 24 sets of triangles.
4. Sew together the two layers along two of the three sides of each set of triangles. Leave a gap on the third side.
5. Fill your 24 felt trees with cute little gift items.
6. Now make 24 little stars and Christmas balls of various sizes and colours. Write the numbers 1 to 24 onto them and glue them onto the clothespins. Use the clothespins to seal off the 24 trees at their openings.
Use various pieces of thread or string to attach your little triangled trees onto the stick and hang the whole thing on to the wall. There you go: your DIY Advent calendar!
Are you happy with your creation? Go ahead and show it to us on Instagram at @depesche_vertrieb or on Facebook at @DepescheVertrieb! We cannot wait to see what you came up with, and we are glad to share your post when you add our link to it.
Lovely little items to fill your calendar with
You are looking for cute ideas on what to stock your calendar with? Look no further: how about a lipstick-shaped TOPModel eraser, eye pads, nail foils or sheet masks from the TOPModel Beauty and Me series?
The new TOPModel collection BLING BLING shines with super beautiful poodle motif on pink glitter background. Discover what is hidden behind it!
The summer holidays are here and with them plenty of time for good mood and exciting adventures! We have put together a bucket list for lots of fun.
You have a new Depesche diary with code and sound and want to set up or change your personal secret code? We tell you how to do it!
You would like to paint watercolour pictures like a real pro? With our Watercolour Book you’ll be well on your way. Check out our step-by-step guide on how to create the most colourful motifs!
Create your very own individual wish list with our cute template for small and large Christmas wishes, exciting gift ideas and favourite characters!